CHILI “CHEEZ” MACARONI BAKE
· 1 Tab. olive oil
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 Tabs. flour
· 1 tsp. salt
· 2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
· 1 tsp. chili powder
· 1 tsp. cumin
· 2 (14.7-ounces each) cans vegetarian chili, medium spice
· 1 ½ cups shredded vegan cheddar cheez
· 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (optional)
Spread cooked macaroni into the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and set aside.
In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in the olive oil until onion is translucent. Add garlic, flour and salt; continue to stir and cook another 30 seconds.
Add in the plant milk, chili powder, and cumin; stir and cook until mixture begins to thicken. Add the two cans of vegetarian chili and shredded vegan cheez. Pour over the macaroni in the baking dish; stir to combine well.
Sprinkle panko bread crumbs evenly over the top, if you are using them. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.