Coney Island Vegan Hot Dogs
Write a review
- 2 packages Field Roast Frankfurters or Smart Dogs
- Whole Grain vegan Hot Dog Buns
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 12. oz. packages burger crumbles
- 1 20 oz. jar ketchup (2 cups)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tab. prepared yellow mustard
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat ¼ cup vegetable oil. Add onion and sauté until they turn translucent. Lightly salt. Add in the burger crumbles and garlic. Saute until burger begins to brown.
- Add in a little water if it gets too dry.
- Stir in rest of ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes until
- some liquid is absorbed.
- Place boiled vegan hot dogs in a bun and spoon the Coney Island sauce over the top. (Sprinkle with raw, chopped onions for an authentic Coney Dog).