Thank you for making VegFest 2013 a success! We look forward to seeing you next year at VegFest
April 13, 2014!
Michigan’s largest vegetarian organization presented VegFest2013 annual vegan tastefest, health, and environmental expo at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi on April 21. VegFest brings a variety of experts, innovative products, and activities.
The event featured talks by some of the nation’s foremost experts on plant-based nutrition, cooking demonstrations, children’s activities, and a food court featuring delicious options from local restaurants, bakeries, caterers, and food companies. Also included was national brand samples, eco-friendly products, cruelty-free fashion, door prizes, literature, cookbooks and more. All vegan, of course!
April 21, 2013 11 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Suburban Collection Showplace, Novi, Michigan
$7 prepaid / $10 admission at event (free for children under 6)
Schedule of Events and Speakers
- 11:45 – Jim Corcoran
- 12:00 – Scott Jurek – “Eat and Run: An Inspirational Journey”
- 1:00 – Carol Leifer – “Compassion and Comedy”
- 2:00 – John Salley – “What Does Being Healthy Mean?”
- 3:00 – Dr. Neal Barnard – “Power Foods for the Brain”
- 12:00 – Ruby Roth – “The Transformative Power of Veganism”
- 1:00 – Tina Miller of Meijer – “Savory Mushroom and Rice Bowl; Carmelized Pineapple Crumble”
- 2:00 – Jan Kemp of Whole Foods Market – “Tangy Bean Salad with Carrots and green Onions; Chocolate Ganache”
- 3:00 – Thomas Lahser of Inn Season Café – “Southwestern Black Bean Quinoa Salad”
Fun activities to make a healthy, compassionate diet and lifestyle interesting and exciting for the whole family!
- Eat through a rainbow of fruits and veggies
- Play with food
- Get tangled in Veggie Twister
- Participate in an easy “make and take” composting workshop with SOCWA Master Composters
- Plus comics, stickers, color pages, and more