Michigan’s largest vegetarian organization will present VegFest2013 annual vegan tastefest, health, and environmental expo at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi on April 21. VegFest brings a variety of experts, innovative products, and activities.
The event will feature talks by some of the nation’s foremost experts on plant-based nutrition, cooking demonstrations, children’s activities, and a food court featuring delicious options from local restaurants, bakeries, caterers, and food companies. Also included will be national brand samples, eco-friendly products, cruelty-free fashion, door prizes, literature, cookbooks and more. All vegan, of course!
April 21, 2013 11 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Suburban Collection Showplace, Novi, Michigan
$7 prepaid / $10 admission at event (free for children under 6)
Schedule of Events and Speakers
- 11:45 – Jim Corcoran
- 12:00 – Scott Jurek – “Eat and Run: An Inspirational Journey”
- 1:00 – Carol Leifer – “Compassion and Comedy”
- 2:00 – John Salley – “What Does Being Healthy Mean?”
- 3:00 – Dr. Neal Barnard – “Power Foods for the Brain”
- 12:00 – Ruby Roth – “The Transformative Power of Veganism”
- 1:00 – Tina Miller of Meijer – “Savory Mushroom and Rice Bowl; Carmelized Pineapple Crumble”
- 2:00 – Jan Kemp of Whole Foods Market – “Tangy Bean Salad with Carrots and green Onions; Chocolate Ganache”
- 3:00 – Thomas Lahser of Inn Season Café – “Southwestern Black Bean Quinoa Salad”
Fun activities to make a healthy, compassionate diet and lifestyle interesting and exciting for the whole family!
- Eat through a rainbow of fruits and veggies
- Play with food
- Get tangled in Veggie Twister
- Participate in an easy “make and take” composting workshop with SOCWA Master Composters
- Plus comics, stickers, color pages, and more